Follow three public companies traded in the NYSE that you would like to invest in, different from the ones analyzed in the Mid-Term Assignment. Analyze the last financial statements available of each company (income statements, cash flow statements and balance sheets), and answer the following questions:
- At a first sight through the income statement, how are the results of each company (profits vs losses)?
- How do you think, in your opinion, that the P&L results of each company could be improved after analyzing its income
statement, taking into account the net sales and all costs and expenses incurred by the company?
- Have a look on the three financial statements available for each company. Analyze and answer the following questions:
- The liquidity of each company through the liquidity ratios and explain your findings.
- The profitability of each company through the profitability ratios and explain your findings.
- The market value of each company through the market ratios and explain your findings.
- Explain your conclusions of each one of the three chosen companies taking into account the analysis made above.
- Would you invest in each one of these companies? Why?
- Finally, have a look on the main financial journals. Which investment/s would you like to make and why?
Weight: 60% of your total grade for this subject.
Details and Formalities:
- The Assignment is an individual task.
- It shall be submitted in a word document format. If you need to attach some graphics or calculations you can do it as an appendix.
- Wordcount: 3,000 words.
- Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded of the total wordcount.
- Font: Arial 11 pts.
- Text alignment: Justified.
- The in-text References and the Bibliography have to be in Harvard’s citation style.