Reading Questions- Aristotle “Nichomachean Ethics” Bks III and IV
Nichomachean Ethics Bk III and IV
1) List the virtues you would like to have.
2) Use the Golden Mean to evaluate where the virtues (you listed above) is in respect to the possible vices.
3) What is required in order for our actions to be either praised or blamed?
4) What virtues apply to the irrational part of the soul? What virtues apply to the rational part of the soul?
5) Aristotle’s example of a turly virtuous person is described as “the magnanimous person”. What does such a person look like? What virtues do they have, how do they behave? How is this linked to happiness?